The detail of a news or event item can be rich (i.e. formatted) Html (entered via the Html Editor), but in most cases they would be plain text. Items are restricted to less than 7500 characters (including Html markup tags) in length, which should suffice for most items.
Display of News and Events items
- In the Events Maintenance screen, click Add new Events item.
- Enter an Item Title. This will be the headline of the event.
- The Date/time of Event will be set to tomorrow's date. Edit it by using the Calendar popup.
- The Item expiry date/time is automatically set to 3 months in the future. Edit it by using the Calendar popup. Clearing the date effectively means the item will never expire.
- Enter the detail of the item in the Item Text Html Editor. This may be formatted, and can contain any Html Elements such as images etc, however they will only appear on the Events item screen, and not any of the Events summaries.
- Click Update to save the Event, or Back to News or Events maintenance to return to the News and Events Maintenance screen.
Editing a News or Event Item