When you log in, the first screen that comes up is divided into two parts -the ‘Matches’ screen on the left and the ‘Settings’ screen on the right.
(1) To see shortcuts to 'Downloaded matches', 'Demo mode', 'About', 'Help' and 'Logout'.
(2) Completed: See matches where scoring is complete and saved. Tap for options: 1.View / Share. Allows viewing the scorecard in read only mode. To share the Scorecard via email or social media, tap onor to print Scorecard as PDF, tap on in the top right corner of the Scorecard. 2. Remove from device. This removes the match from the app on the device. 3. Cancel. Cancels action
(3) In Progress: See matches that are partially scored, either on the current device or elsewhere. Tap for options: 1. Continue scoring. Lets users access the match to resume scoring. 2.Clear data. Clears all data generated for the match previously, including total and player scores. 3. Cancel. Cancels action.
(4) Upcoming: See matches that are scheduled and available for scoring in the next 5 days. Tap for options: 1. Start Match. Tap to begin scoring the match online. 2. Download. Tap this option if you want to download the match to score offline. Once a match is downloaded, it becomes available in the 'Downloaded Matches' screen. Using the Download option will save the match data and team lists to your local device, and the match will be marked on the Matches screen as ‘Downloaded’. When logged in and connected to the internet to score a previously downloaded match, the locally saved data for the match will be replaced with the latest version of the match from the ResultsVault server. Head there via the hamburger menu > Downloaded Matches if logged in, or alternatively, logout and hit 'Continue without logging in' > Downloaded Matches.
If the app is not connected to the internet, ending a match shows the match in the ‘In Progress’ section.
Once connected to the internet, ending a match (after the completion of Match Result) syncs the match scores to the ResultsVault server and shows the match in the ‘Completed Matches’ section.
(5) To choose a match from another Grade, tap on Grades to select from the list of Grades set up by the association.
(6) See matches for the selected Grade under the ResultsVault tab. To set up and score a custom offline match, tap on the 'Custom' tab. Use the Custom mode to preview the app's scoring features and get familiar with the ResultsVault LiveScore layout.
(7) Displays the current innings score of the match
Offline scoring for Downloaded Matches:
(8) Downloaded matches can be scored and saved to your local device when no login and no internet connection is available. If you don't have a login ID for the app, simply 'Continue without logging in' and use the Downloaded Matches option. The club administrator (who has a login ID and internet connection) can then login and sync the locally-saved match scores to the ResultsVault website.
(9) To select how match scores are synced between the ResultsVault LiveScore app, ResultsVault app and ResultsVault website, tap on Sync Frequency and choose from two available options: end of over or manual syncing.
(10) To select match score format, tap on Score Format and choose either 4/378 (wickets/runs format) or 378/4 (runs/wickets format).
(11) To select whether or not to access help-guides from within the app, use the toggle switch for In-app help.
(12) To set total number of overs to be bowled per innings, tap on the downward-facing arrow and select from options available.
(13) To set the maximum number of overs per bowler / per innings, tap on the downward-facing arrow and select from options available.
(14) To change number of balls per over, tap on (–) to reduce and (+) to increase the value.
(15) To set number of runs added to the batting team's total on delivery of a Wide ball, tap on (–) to reduce and (+) to increase Wide value.
(16) To set number of runs added to the batting team's total on delivery of a No-ball, tap on (–) to reduce and (+) to increase No ball value.
(17) To select whether or not to require confirmation of each ball in the match, use the toggle switch for Confirm balls.
(18) To select whether or not the delivery is to be bowled again in case the bowler bowls an extra, use the toggle switch for Re-bowl no balls and wides.
(19) To access settings for Pairs Cricket, tap on Pairs Cricket.
- Primary scorer:
- First user to access a match is the primary scorer
- Primary scorer has the lock on the match, and therefore the ability to sync scores to ResultsVault.
- Primary scorer has the ability to release the lock on the match at any point by pressing Back, and Saving and Unlocking the match
- Secondary scorer(s):
- No lock on the match, and therefore no ability to sync scores to ResultsVault.
- Secondary scorers are essentially scoring the match in a ‘standalone’ mode.
- If the primary scorer relinquishes the lock on the match, a secondary scorer can take over the lock by pressing the Lock icon in the toolbar and following the prompts.
NB: Successfully taking over the lock on the match will clear the local version of the match from the user’s device, and replace it with the most up-to-date synced version from the ResultsVault system.