Site Preferences are set on this page. After setting preferences, they may not take effect on the public web site for up to 2 hours, however most will take effect immediately.
|Governing Bodies menu visibility|
Determines whether the 'Governing Bodies' menu bar (which normally displays directly under the customisable menu on the left hand side of the page of the public site) is visible. This menu allows quick access to information and/or websites of these bodies.
|Club and Asn search menu visibility|
Determines whether the Club/Association search menu bar (which normally displays directly under the customisable menu on the left hand side of the page of the public site) is visible.
Built in menu items
The SportzVault menu contains a number of built in items which appear above (with the exception of Help and Administration which appears below) any custom items (which can be added by using the Menu Editor). Most items can be hidden, or renamed. The built in items are:
- Home - provides a link to the home page
- ResultsVault - provides a link/menu to ResultsVault data (see belwo for further customisation options)
- News - provides a link to the news page
- Events - provides a link to the events page
- Clubs - provides a link to the club listing page - giving all clubs in the association (associations only)
- Contact - provides a link to the contact page, giving contact information for the club/association, and office bearers (if entered in ResultsVault)
- Help - provides a link to the help menu
- Administration - provides links to SportzVault and ResultsVault administration
The following options may apply (not all apply to each item):
- Default label - use the built in name for the menu item, eg News, Events etc...
- Custom label - define your own name for the menu item, max 20 characters
- Hide - do not show menu item
- Show - show menu item
Additionally, the Results and Statistics item (which provides access to results and statistics) can be further customised:
- Integrated with menu - all Results and Statistics menu items are included in the main menu, and cascade when the item is selected. While this gives direct access to Results and Statistics features, the extra menu items add to the overall page size, and can slow down loading of all pages on the site.
- Link only, separate menu - the Results and Statistics menu item does not have menu items under it, instead when clicked goes to a separate page, which has its own Results and Statistics menu. This menu is arranged horizontally rather than vertically to allow extra space to display Results and Statistics information, which is particularly relevant if the site is being run in 'Fixed width' mode (see below). This approach cuts down on page size (across the site), leading to an overall quicker site, because of this it is the recommended option. It does mean that Results and Statistics information is an extra click away.